If you can not sleep one day, you can go out to listen to Hanoi breath to feel Hanoi nightlife in old silent appearance!
Hanoi in daytime is hustle and hurry contrary to the atmosphere at night. Sometimes people were swept away by the haste of daily life and there is not enough time to stop and watch the ancient beauty of 36 streets, of Thang Long thousand years of civilization. So if you want to experience the beauty of ancient Hanoi, you have to wait until night, when there is no congestion and noise. Hanoi at night is the most beautiful, visitors can feel life truthfully of working class in Hanoi.
Where to visit at night
Wonder things to do in Hanoi, just come to any place you like. If you don’t realize the old houses and streets in the daytime, it’s wonderful to enjoy at night. You can see the ancient houses with their fragrant gardens, locals’ evening activities. You will be immersed in the sounds of the night, and will get to enjoy some great street food from the local vendors in non-touristy parts of the city favored by locals. Visiting Hoan Kiem Lake and strolling along Hanoi’s Old Quarter is so exciting. Besides, you can visit Ba Dinh square, West Lake, St. Joseph’s Cathedral (Nha Tho Lon), Ngo Quyen Street, Long Bien Bridge, Quang Ba flower market, Long Bien night market, etc.
Night restaurants in Hanoi
There are some places you can choose when going out at night and be hungry:
– Some stalls next to Dong Xuan market
– Pho bo (Beef noodle) 27 Hang Ngang ( open from 3 pm to 5 am )
– Chicken simmered Noodle at the crossroads of Hang Bo, Luong Van Can (open from 5 pm – 11 pm)
– Fish Noodle – Hang Dau (Open 24/24)
– Xoi Yen (Bird-nest sticky rice) (open from 5 am to 1 pm)
Some tips and tricks when going out at night in Hanoi:
It’s so interesting when wandering around the city at night as everything is yours, nobody can interrupt your trip. However, please take note:
– Motorbike is the most convenient means of transport; remember to fill up because it’s very difficult to find a gas station. If you don’t have a motorbike, you should go by bike. It’s also good to enjoy your trip.
– For safety, you should not go alone, at night may come up against theft, robbery, drug addict… Avoid dark places; don’t stop at the deserted street for so long. You should report anything suspicious to the police or go fast.
– Keep warm, take along your personal identification to show the flying squad when being asked and don’t bring things of great value like jewelry as a precaution.