Explore the bustling streets of Bangkok, revel in the majesty of Angkor Wat, enjoy a delicious local Khmer meal in a small village, relax on golden beaches, shop Hoi An’s quaint streets, float through Halong Bay.
Begin in Bangkok—a city that never sleeps—and end by braving Hanoi’s bustling streets. Plug into Cambodia and Vietnam on this electric journey with breaks to bliss out on white-sand beaches. Get a history lesson exploring Angkor Wat and walking Ho Chi Minh City’s streets. With your accommodation and transport arranged by our expert CEOs, this adventure offers a great combination of must-see highlights and free time to explore on your own.
- Day 1 Bangkok
- Arrive at any time. Additional Notes: Please note: you MUST arrive on tour with your Vietnam visa. Included Activities: Arrival Day and Welcome Meeting
- Day 2 Bangkok/Siem Reap (1B, 1D)
- Cross from Thailand into Cambodia, the home base for exploring incredible Angkor Wat. Arrive in time for our included dinner at a Planeterra-project restaurant or with a local family in a village outside of Siem Reap. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Thailand – Cambodia) New Hope Vocational Training Restaurant Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00-4.00 hours) Private Vehicle (3.00-3.00 hours)
- Day 3 Siem Reap (1B)
- Guided tour of Angkor Wat temple complex. Opt to visit Tonle Sap floating village and Angkor National Museum. Included Activities: Angkor Wat Guided Tour
- Day 4 Siem Reap/Phnom Penh (1B)
- Transfer to Cambodia’s capital. Orientation walk around Phnom Penh. Included Activities: Orientation Walk Transport: Local bus (6.00-7.00 hours)
- Day 5 Phnom Penh (1B)
- Sights you might choose to visit this afternoon include the National Museum and adjacent complex which includes the Silver Pagoda and Royal Palace. To learn about Cambodia’s sombre history, visit the Tuol Sleng Prison and the Killing Fields, reminders of the genocide that took place under Pol Pot’s reign as leader of the Khmer Rouge. Additional Notes: Phnom Penh can be confusing and we recommend to always keep a hotel card with you when you are exploring.
- Day 6 Phnom Penh/Sihanoukville (1B)
- Swim and relax on the beach after transferring to Sihanoukville. Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00-5.00 hours)
- Day 7 Sihanoukville
- Swim and relax by the beach, or take an optional snorkelling boat trip.
- Day 8 Sihanoukville/Cần Thơ (1D)
- Cross into Vietnam and stay in a basic village homestay that includes dinner. Included Activities: Border Crossing (Cambodia – Vietnam) Home Meal Transport: Private Vehicle (9.00 hour(s))
- Day 9 Cần Thơ/Ho Chi Minh City (1B)
- This evening, head to one of the rooftop bars such as the Rex Hotel, one of the classic colonial Saigon institutions, where there is often live music. Included Activities: Street Food Crawl Transport: Private Vehicle (5.00-6.00 hours)
- Day 10 Ho Chi Minh City/Nha Trang (1B)
- Free day to explore. Overnight train to Nha Trang. Transport: Overnight train (beds) (10.00-11.00 hours)
- Day 11 Nha Trang
- Optional activities in Nha Trang include a boat trip to nearby islands for some snorkelling or, perhaps, a fun-filled all-day beach party.
- Day 12 Nha Trang/Da Nang (1B)
- In the evening, take an overnight train to Da Nang, then transfer to Hoi An. Transport: Overnight train (beds) (9.00-10.00 hours)
- Day 13 Da Nang/Hoi An
- From Danang, it is only a short drive to the picturesque port town of Hoi An. Once known as Faifo, it was an important trading town with strong south Chinese influence and connections. Included Activities: Oodles of Noodles Demonstration and Lunch Street Food Crawl Transport: Private Vehicle (0.75 hour(s))
- Day 14 Hoi An (1B)
- Enjoy a noodle making demonstration and lunch at Oodles of Noodles, a Planeterra-supported project. Afterwards enjoy free time in Hoi An. Included Activities: Oodles of Noodles Demonstration and Lunch
- Day 15 Hoi An/Huế (1B)
- Continue the journey north to the city of Hue. Opt to visit the Royal Citadel and tombs, take a Perfume River cruise or tour the countryside by motorbike. Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s))
- Day 16 Huế/Hanoi (1B)
- Free time in Hue. Overnight train to Hanoi. Transport: Overnight train (beds) (14.00 hour(s))
- Day 17 Hanoi/Ha Long (1L)
- Arrive early morning to bustling Hanoi, the capital of Vietnam. After meeting our local guide, transfer to a private bus and head to the beautiful and famous Halong Bay. Included Activities: Hạ Long Bay Junk Boat Trip Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s))
- Day 18 Ha Long/Hanoi (1B)
- Explore Hanoi with an orientation walk through the Old Quarter. Opt to see Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum, the Temple of Literature, and the Hoa Lo Prison, or shop in the Old Quarter. Included Activities: Old Quarter Orientation Walk Transport: Private Vehicle (4.00 hour(s))
- Day 19 Hanoi (1B)
- Free time to continue exploring Hanoi.
- Day 20 Hanoi (1B)
- Depart at any time. Additional Notes: Please note: some of your group will most likely continue travelling through Laos with G Adventures. Included Activities: Departure Day